Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How can I get a copy of a police report?

A: Request a copy by either coming into the station or download the request form from our website and mail it to us.

Q: Can I file a police report on-line?

A: No, you must come into the station or we can stop by your house or business to speak with you.

Q: Can I get my fingerprints taken?

A: Yes, but you must have a license or employee ID to show that you live or work in Westwood.

Q: Do you inspect car seats?

A: Yes, but we ask that you call before coming in to make sure a certified officer is on duty to inspect your seat.

Q: How do I get a job at the Westwood Police Department?

A: Please submit an Employment Application along with a cover letter and resume to the Town of Westwood Human Resources Department.

Q: How can i schedule a tour of the station?

A: Please call or email Sgt. Paul Sicard or Officer Brad Pindel.

Q: How do I report a tip?

A: Please call the Westwood Police Department tip line at 781.320.1056.

Q: Where do I dispose of old medications?

A: Old medications can be disposed in the medRX disposal bin located in the police department’s main lobby.

Q: How do I get my License to Carry a Firearm?

A: You can pick up an application or you can download one from our website.

Q: how can I get the speed trailer set up on my street?

A: Just call dispatch at 781.320.1000 and put in a request for the speed trailer.